Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Week 5: Day 3

Ok. So I'll start with my workout recap. 
Tonight we did SCULPT 30. It was killer. She worked on the triceps and the glutes all at the same time. Ooooh my arms feel like jelly. And then there was this bonus video that was the Chlean Extreme teaser and I did NOT like it at all. TurboFIRE all the way baby. So it was a short workout but it was good and fun. 

Now for the epic part. I went grocery shopping. Now, I had $450 for food for this first two weeks of the month. I went grocery shopping twice today. The first time was with the girls and so I got stuff for dinner, stuff for Sean's lunches, baby snacks, etc.... It was all stuff that I normally have to buy but I didn't specifically write them down on my list. I spent $227.90. Then I went a second time by myself and I got all the remaining items on the list. I went through all the recipes that I am trying and made a list of all the things that I would be needing. There are still things that I need to find. But also, 70% of my cart was produce, 20% was canned goods, and 10% was spices that I needed but won't have to buy again for a long time. On that trip I spent $157.70. So I have $50 left for random things like milk, eggs, bread... That kind of stuff for the next two weeks. (I spent $10 on my medication and Sean took all my change for coffee money). It is pretty late right now to tell you what all is on my list of recipes, but it is basically awesome. Chicken cacciatore, ratatouille, great green vegetable pasta, taco soup with corn bread from scratch, butter chicken and naan from scratch. Corn chowder and foccicia (sp?) from scratch. I am pretty stoked. And some of my recipes are not going to work out or be yummy for my family, but whatever.... I am trying something new and I am being healthy about it. Yay!!!!!!

Ok, so that wasn't so epic.

No comments:

Post a Comment