Thursday, July 18, 2013

Week 3: Day 5

Ok, so yesterday was a crazy BUSY day. We had so much fun though!!! We started out the day with the Red Deer centennial parade in downtown Red Deer. Jenni had her face painted while we waited. 

After the parade Jenni wanted to go to McDonald's for lunch so we did. Let me tell you, after just a few days of eating healthier foods it made my stomach turn. But it was still good. However, because of that meal the day did turn into a cheat day. Oops. I'll explain in a minute. However, my McDonald's eating is different even if I do eat it. Before I would eat a Big Mac meal and 10 nuggets or a cheese burger and whatever Jenni had left over. Gross. Now, I just had the Big Mac and some fries and I was satisfied. I did want more because it is rather yummy, but I didn't HAVE more, so that is a big step for me. Yay for not over eating. 
So then after lunch we went to the Westerner days midway. So much fun. Jenni went on lots of rides and most of them she did herself. She had a wonderful time. We also went on the Ferris wheel and she was just so pleased with herself. 





After the rides we went to watch a great show with some animals in them and Jenni was so pleased. There was a camel and a zebra and two baboons. It was awesome. Here are the girls with grandma and papa waiting for the show to start. 
Thanks for looking mom. 

So then we ate at the midway, hence the cheat day. Even if you try to eat healthy carnival food it is still really not awesome for you. But again, instead of stuffing myself with garbage I just ate until I wasn't hungry and then went for there. I did, however, have some funnel cake. Mmmmmmmmm. 

When we got back into town my in-laws dropped me at the church for worship team practice and then after that I went for my workout. We did the upper 20 lower 20 combo. It was a little silly though, because we don't have bands yet, so with the upper, when we could we were using heavy objects from around the house as weights. Like, Anish had a jug of milk and I had a bottle of lemon juice and a bottle of vinegar and Adrionne had her weird little bands when she could or used some canned beans. It was really rather amusing. But like I said yesterday, I pushed play and I was sweaty at the end so it was a success. 

So that brings us to today. Today was a good day. I made some baby food for Maria. I made some yummy burrito filling for supper (very clean) and then I was slapped in the face with a migraine. :-( No fun! 
So I finished up with the baby food, put the girls to bed and had a nice long nap myself. It was literally to the point where it was sleep or puke, so I chose sleep. 
When I woke up I felt much better and I had a nice HOT shower. I had a few friends come by for a visit and that was lovely. 
Sean really liked the yummy burritos and then Sean went on daddy duty so I could mow the lawn. Calories burnt right there. Whooooo!
After the girls went to bed I made my way back to Adrionne's and we did FIRE 45. It was fun, but it was the first time that we had done that one and I got really lost close to the end. So, instead of slowing down and trying to figure out what she was doing I just started jumping and waving my arms. I was still moving, I was still sweating and I kept my heart rate up. I will do the break down another time so I am more aware of what is going  on. But regardless, it was a good workout and I am feeling the strength training from yesterday in my chicken wings. Ooooooh. Sore. 

So good night all. Tomorrow is my anniversary. Wahoo. 5 years with my amazing hubby. And Adrionne and I are going to do HIIT 20 again. W00t







No comments:

Post a Comment