Friday, January 28, 2011

Why so mean?

So, I don't really have a lot to report today.  I have had a crazy busy day with my wonderful friend Cynthia.  I have one word that describes that woman...INSANE!  She has 5 beautiful children under the age of 10.  FIVE KIDS!!!??  It is insane.  And, her house is actually rather small, and so it is just a little heart wrenching watching her do the dance that is juggling the children.  But, regardless of her state of mind, she is an amazingly wonderful friend, and I enjoy all the time I get to spend with her.

But, I think the real reason for my blogging today is because my heart is breaking for my big brother.  He is actually a pretty nice guy when you really get to know him, but he is kind of like Shrek.  A bit of an ogre, but he has layers.  His top layer is very hard and jaded and kind of ugly, but if you can break down past that first layer it does get better.  You just have to take the time to get past the green skin with the funny trumpet-like ears.
Anyhoo, I thought that my brother (we'll keep going with the Shrek analogy, because I just watched the 4th one, and it was cute!) had found his Fiona.  She was a wonderfully sweet woman, who was beautiful to boot, and she had two great kids.  They were in love with Jenni.  So cute!!!  Well, big brother was getting too attached, I think, and he decided to break it off with her.  Stupid choice in my opinion, but hey, it's not my life.  Well, I was on FB today to check out stuff, and I saw a post from her.  So, I clicked on her page and read what was on there.  Some of the things that were said about my big brother were really hard to read.  See, I know that he is a bit of a butt head, but I also know that he does NOT deserve to be knocked down like that in public.  I just hope that he is not too scarred by what happened.  I know that once he sees himself getting those wall knocked down he does his best to build them back up.  It is his version of self preservation.  I just wish that he didn't have to hurt people in the process...that way he wouldn't get hurt in return.  See, that is just it.  I know that what was said was right.  He deserved to hear the words, because I know that he broke her heart first.  I just wish it wasn't so public.  I really liked "Fiona" (Just to be clear, the analogy doesn't work out the greatest, because the girl was not an ogre.  She was wonderful...so, it is more from the first movie when she is human...I guess...well...just...yeah.  Take it how you want to I guess....) and I thought that she would one day be a part of my family for real, but I guess not.  I hope that he finds someone to make him happy.  I think he deserves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment