Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Can it be Warfare

So...I am working on Day two of "Lord is it Warfare, Teach me to stand." and there are a list of questions that are in the book.  I thought that I would write the questions (in bold pink) and answer them on my blog.  Then you can take the same questions and answer them for yourself if you want to.  I will then write the little insert from the book as well.  It is all from the book Lord is is Warfare?  Teach me to Stand by Kay Arthur (C) 2000

Have you ever felt like quitting because the hassle of Christianity was too much?
     Yes.  The last summer that I worked at April Point, I decided that I was tired of being different.  I was tired of being set apart from everyone else.  Everyone else had so much fun outside of work, and I wanted to join them...so I did...and it was NOT worth it, and I had to learn my lesson the hard way, but that was Satan telling me that they were having more fun than me.  But I guess it is 20/20 hindsight.


Do you ever doubt the truth of God's Word or the reality of Christianity?  Have you ever been tormented by blasphemous thoughts against God?
     I have doubted the idea of an almighty being, controlling the universe...but God makes it very clear that He is the way, the truth and the life.  He is our almighty Father, and he does everything for the good of those who love Him.  So, the thoughts I have had, have been fleeting, and pushed out.


Have you ever felt captivatingly drawn, almost magnetized, to the things of the world?
     Of course.  I really wonder who hasn't.  Satan knows what he is doing.  He is making the things of the world seem so inviting.  It is whether you give into those feelings of magnetism or not.  The things of the world are the freshly paved path that is flat and smooth.  The way of the Lord is the dirt path with rocks, roots and other obstacles to overcome.  It is not by any means the easy path to take, and it is hard work to get to the end of the path unscathed.


Is there anything you feel compelled to do or to believe, and yet you know it's not of God?
     No.  Although, if I didn't know the truth, I am sure I would easily be sucked into Mormonism because it sounds very good on the outside...even though it is evil.


Are you bombarded with doubts about God's goodness - His love toward you??
     I used to before I was a mother.  I used to wonder how God could love someone like me because I was so imperfect.  I would hurt Him daily by making poor choices.  But, then I became a mother, and the love I have for my beautiful Jenni is beyond anything I have ever felt before.  She is my wonderful, baby girl.  And I know she is going to make mistakes, and poor choices, but that is not going to stop me from loving her.  So, if I, an imperfect human, can still choose to love my beautiful girl, even when she isn't perfect, then I think God can still love me, even when I am perfect.  And the love of my Heavenly Father is SO much more than the love I have for my earthly daughter.  And that is saying something!!!


Have you ever been plagued by feelings of worthlessness and/or inadequacy?
     I am a woman.  Of course I have been plagued with feelings of worthlessness and/or inadequacy.  I feel like I don't match up to what society wants me to be, what my husband wants me to be, what my family wants me to be, what my daughter will want me to be, what GOD wants me to be.  But, this is my newest journey.  I am learning that all these thoughts are lies from Satan himself.  It is my responsibility to ignore those thoughts and to take up the armor of God to help me fight them off for good.


Even though you've confessed past sins, do you live under a cloud of condemnation?
     That is one thing that I do try to not think.  I have forgiven people in my life for hurting me, and I don't hold it against them.  I don't dwell on the hurt that is there, so I would assume that God would NOT do that to me.


Have you ever felt overwhelmed with depression?
     Yes, but that was chemical.  With my medication I feel great.  But I am sure that Satan tried to use that against me.  I didn't let him win though.


Have you ever thoughts about suicide?
     NO!!!!!


Have you ever been haunted by some derogatory remark, thought, memory, desire that you couldn't shake??
     Yes, I have.


Have you heard voices in your Mind?  Is your mind filled with incessant noise?  Are you afraid to tell anyone?
     No.


Are you filled with anger, bitterness, or unforgiveness?  Even though you realize you are wrong to harbor these feelings, do you feel powerless to deal with them?
     No.


Are you physically sick - yet the doctor cannot find the cause?
     No.


Have you ever been joyfully serving the Lord and been suddenly attacked unjustly?
     Not that I can remember.


Have you remembered that the Christian life IS warfare?
     Yes.


      I believe many Christians live in defeat because they don't understand that when they become children of God they enter into war with the devil himself.
      Not realizing that there is a war raging, they don't know victory is theirs for the taking.  They simply need to find out what God's Word says and live in the light of it!
      Ephesians 6:11 tells us to "put on the full armor of God, that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil." ...
     ...If you take God at His Word, it is clear from Ephesians 6 that our enemy is cunning and crafty - out to deceive you, me, and every other child of God.  You're not alone!


      Go back and read the questions [before].  Has the enemy deeived you in any of these areas?  If so, next to the question write out how.


     Doesn't it makes sense that Satan would want to keep you blind to the fact that you are in a war?  After all, you won't take up arms if you don't believe there's a war.


     So there you have it.  Day two (exercise 1) of "Lord is it Warfare?  Teach me to Stand."  I think that this is going to be a good journey to take.  If you want the book, and are interested in the concept...Just let me know.  I can get a book to you...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment