Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A simple Outlet

I am sitting here, at my computer, in my jammies no less, just thinking about how blessed I am.

My daughter, Jenni, who is the STAR of this blog, is playing next to me with her exer-saucer toys, just enjoying being a baby.

See, today is my lazy day.  Yesterday I went for a walk, did some house cleaning, went to play practice and went to bed kind of late, after watching "The Batchelor"...Lame...I know...but that means - considering that the rest of my week is slightly hectic - that I get to do a whole lot of nothing today.  I can play with Jenni and make dinner, but other than that...I have no responsibilities.

So, this is a good way for me to get my thoughts out.  Use my words, as my wonderful husband would put it.  When I have days like this, I don't go out of the house, I don't particularly want anyone coming here, so how am I to have meaningful conversation?  It's not like Jenni can use her words yet, being 6 months old, so the conversations with her get a little tiring.  For example:

Jenni: "Ahhhhhhhhh"
Me: "Is that so?  Tell me more"
Jenni: "Ahhhhhhhhh, hhhhhuhhhhh, mmmmmmmmm, eeeeeeeee"
Me: "Wow.  That's incredible!"
Jenni: *Giggle*

Most mothers, I am sure, go through this stage, but it seems like it will last forever, and I see myself wishing that she could walk and talk and be a small person...but then I would miss out on all the amazing milestones that she is hurdling over.    Just on Sunday she learned how to shake her head "NO".  Not that she has any inclination of what it means, but when someone shakes their head "no" and she copies them, everyone gets really happy and says, "Good Job Jenni"...so why wouldn't she do it again?  It is SOOOOO cute!!!

Also...Today is my twin nephew's birthday.  Jake and Ethan are now officially 1 years old.  I can't believe that time has flown by SO quickly.  I mean, when you are growing up you hear adults say, "You won't believe how fast time flies." And you think..."whatever...it can't go any faster than it already does, and the 4 months between school starting and Christmas take FOREVER, so it can't be that fast."  Well, like anything else in a person's life you will never know until you experience it.  It's like pregnancy.  Everyone tells you that it is hard work, and that you are so tired, and that in all reality...it kind of sucks, but still you want to be preggers so badly.  Then it happens, and you want to wish it away.  It is NOT all that it is cracked up to be...but would you listen?...NOPE.  It's my way or the highway.  (Whimsey, I know you are reading this and chuckling to yourself because you talk to me until you are blue in the face and I still do what I want...then come back to you and confess that you were right and I should have listened in the first place.)

So, as Jenni is on her play mat, on her tummy, yelling at the picture of a dragonfly, I bid you adieu, because as much as I would love to be on here all day, everyday, I do have some responsibilities that I have to take care of, and the main one would be my precious Jenni.

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to the bloggin world. i look forward to your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gonna be fun. I blog too . . . not as much as I should but want to keep trying to be more faithful at it.

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. blogging is a nice way to get out those words that we just dont get to on a daily basis thats for sure! But yes enjoy her not walking..cause they start and it is tiring!! hehe!! But girls are different than boys too so it might not be that bad!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is me chuckling... love you soooo much!

    ReplyDelete