Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Here's to Healthy

Ok...so you know how when you start something new you are all gung-ho for it?  Well, at least I am...so here I am, day two of blogging, and I am writing another entry.  I have put pics on my page, edited things more than once over, and probably will continue tweaking my page until I am happy with it.  So, here is another day in the life of this mommy.

So, yesterday evening I was watching The Biggest Loser on TV with Sean.  Usually, while I am watching The Biggest Loser I am eating some kind of junky snack and thinking, "Tomorrow I am going to get my butt in gear and I am going to EXERCISE!"...Well...instead of just sitting there, eating my ice cream, and hoping for the best I got up off my butt and I ran in place/jogged in place/walked in place for 25 mins.  Sean was even there and can verify it.  Afterwards I was sweaty and I felt really good.  I felt like I had accomplished something.  And, to top it all off, I slept like an angel too.

This morning I was going to go to the pool with Jenni and Rachel to do the mom and me aquasize but the stupid pool is closed for the next two weeks.  LAME...so, Rachel and I packed Jenni up in her big pink snowsuit, put her in the stroller and went for a walk.  It feels so great to get up and get out of the house.  I am very happy that I did.

So incase you haven't realized, one of my New Years Resolutions is to get my butt in gear and exercise.  It doesn't even really have so much to do with losing weight (although that is a plus), it has more to do with getting in shape.  I am not in shape at all, and I want to teach my beautiful daughter that exercise is good.  That healthy eating is good...and can be easy if you know how to shop in the right seasons.  Fast and easy is NOT always the best idea, because it is usually packed with empty calories and garbage for your body.  So...here's to eating fruit instead of candy, walking instead of driving, and veggies every night wtih dinner.

  
Now, being the crazy woman that I am I am going to very quietly (because Jenni is sleeping) rearrange my living room.  I hope it looks as good as it does in my head!  Here are pics of before, and I will post the after pics anotehr day.

Well, again, adieu my friends...Until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment