Friday, January 14, 2011

4 Sleepers and 2 nightshirts

Last night was the WORST night of my entire life so far.  It was horrible.

Jenni has that horrible cold that is going around and it has settled itself into her sinuses and chest.  SO, me trying to get her healthy was trying to get her to sleep as much as possible.  Let me start at 5:00pm

5:00pm: Jenni wakes up from an almost 3 hour nap.  What a good girl, sleeping so long.  She is up playing, drinking her bottle...then a HUGE blowout and there is poop everywhere, so I take her, and change her, and put her in a sleeper.

6:00pm: Jenni is rubbing her eyes, getting tired, so I try to put her down again.  She doesn't want to go down, and so she is talking in her crib.  Well, then she starts coughing.  Not fun.  Then she starts crying, which is making the coughing worse.  I go and retrieve her from her bed.  She is happy!

7:00pm: Sean tries to feed Jenni some solid food.  She likes it at first, but 4 or 5 bites in, she starts rubbing her eyes, and gagging.  Key sign that she wants to go to bed.  Meanwhile, as all this is happening, I am ALSO sick as a dog, and just want to lay on the couch and watch Grey's.  So, Sean puts Jenni to bed, and we have the same issues of the coughing and the crying which just makes the coughing worse.  So Sean gets her up...Her sleeper is soaked because of snot and drool, so we change her sleeper.

8:00pm:  Jenni still won't go down.  She has drooled and snotted over another sleeper, so we decide to give her a bath.  She loves her baths.  She was happy as a clam in her bath.  It worked wonders.  So, we took her to her room, put her in yet another sleeper, and tried to put her down....TOUCH DOWN.  She went to sleep.  HOORAY!!!!!

9:00pm:  OH NO!!!  Jenni woke up.  And now it is BAD news.  She won't stop screaming.  So, I have her in my arms, and I am pacing up and down the main room in our house.  She starts to calm.  Sean gets out of the shower, takes her from me so that I can get some sleep.  He starts pacing.  She starts crying.  I guess this was a mommy only job, because she would only settle for me.  So, I go to her room to the rocking chair in there.  She is screaming in my arms and is mad that we are not moving.  So, Sean makes her a bottle, and she is happy with that.  She falls asleep in my arms, but I am in the rocking chair and I want to be sleeping in my bed.  So, I try to get her into her bed...No dice.  She wakes up.  She starts screaming.  So, then I offer her the bottle again.  She takes it, she is eating...she starts coughing....coughing turns into GIANT burp followed by all of the contents of her stomach...all over me, all over her, all over the blanket that Sean put on us.  GROSS!!!!  So, sleeper #3 off, and I take Jenni into the bathroom, close the door and turn on the shower.  She likes that.  She calms down.  Sean brings in a sleeper for Jenni and a clean nightshirt for me.  We are all calmed down now.  So, back to the rocking chair, because she would not allow me to put her down in her crib.  So, she is now chewing on my finger, and falls asleep again.  I finally get her into her crib and I just want to go to bed.  It is now 11:44pm.

12:37am:  Jenni woke up again screaming.  Her little voice is so hoarse and it is just heart breaking.  I just want to make my little girl feel better.  So, this time we curl up on the couch.  Sean brings us another blanket, and Jenni falls asleep in my arms yet again.  Then, I get hit with a coughing spell.  I woke her up.  Ahhh!!!  So, Sean sucks out her nose with the nose bulb (makes her mad) and then we give her some more tylenol and Sean puts her in her crib.  For some reason that made her happy and she went to sleep.  I climb into bed, feeling like absolute GARBAGE, and realize that it is almost 2:00 in the morning.  I go to sleep

9:15am:  I am awake.  I have a shower and clear my throat, chest and sinuses of mucus.  Gross.  Jenni doesn't wake up until 9:45 and she is now playing in her exer-saucer.  I hope I NEVER have to go through something this horrible again...yet I know it is inevitable.  My poor Punkin!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lucas went through that when he was about 2 months old! When they r little they have no way of getting all the mucous out! He threw up everything..projectile vomit for a day and a half! Not fun..cause than he got dehydrated! Doctor told me to just feed him little bits here and there and never a full tummy. The mucous goes into their tummy and makes them feel ill thus its harder for them to keep stuff down! Hope she feels better today. We are getting over a nasty cold as well! Not fun when you have to take care of them when you are sick as well! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.

    apprently ( according to the instruction) children from 2 to 12 can use it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenni is only 7 months, so I guess she is out. It's ok. We found that the humidifier made a HUGE difference.

    ReplyDelete