Wednesday, January 26, 2011

A Mouse in the House

Ok, so I like to think that my house is not dirty, just lived in.  I do have a messy house, 9 times out of 10, but my house is not dirty.

But, on Monday I got the shock of a lifetime.

Hayden and I were baking cookies, and I told him that one of the most important part of baking is cleaning up afterwards.  So, I proceeded to fill the sink with hot water.  It was a lot hotter than I had expected, so I couldn't get the cutlery from the bottom of the sink until the water cooled down a bit.  So, we finished baking the cookies, and made some green playdough, got Teya out of bed, and I went to go finish the dishes.  So, I washed a bowl, and a pot, and I reached down to the bottom of the sink to get out the cutlery, and low and behold...A MOUSE!  When I wasn't looking a gross, disgusting mouse had fallen into my dish water.  YUCK...Well, needless to say, I SCREAMED bloody murder, scared Hayden and Teya half to death with the sound, and proceeded to call my husband.  He was at work, but sometimes when he has to go to the bathroom really bad, he will come home to use our toilet.  So, he picks up the phone and the first thing I say to him is, "Hi Honey, do you have to poop?"  He laughs and tells me no, and asks why.  I tell him the whole frightening story.  He says that I have to get the mouse out of the sink because he doesn't want the grossness to get into the pores of the sink.  So, I have to get this mouse out of my sink.  I can't do it with my hands,  because I just can't touch that thing again, so I find some tongs in my drawer.  I then proceed to fish the mouse out of my sink.  It was so yucky.  And the whole time Hayden is watching me in wonder.  I finally show him the soaking wet mouse as I put it into the garbage.  He thought it was cool, but not me.  I still get the heeby-geebies just thinking about it.  And, normally I am not afraid of mice, but when you reach into your sink expecting dishes and get a mouse, it is pretty traumatizing.  *shudder*

So, that is my mouse in the house story.  In all reality I should have not had to tell this story because I have two cats and a mouse keeper-awayer, but c'est la vie.  I guess it happens.  Apparently when my mom was a kid, my Oma found a mouse in their milk carton...after everyone had already had their cereal!  Yuck!!!!!  So, it happens to the best of us.  And now my kitchen is really clean, because yesterday I cleaned everything with bleach.  Hayden asked me why he could smell the swimming pool.  So cute!

On the much brighter side, I got a short visit from my friend Wendy this morning, and her two beautiful children.  AND...it is only 16 more days until I get my kitchen redone.  YAY!!!  I will post pics on the day of.  I am so stoked!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. better to have a mouse in the sink then in your milk =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh that be me Carolin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. please tell me you threw away the tongs:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. I still have the tongs. I used bleach...Enough bleach that my cloth, that is normally fine with bleach water, almost went white. Oh well...it still works, just isn't as pretty.

    ReplyDelete