Saturday, January 29, 2011

New Surroundings

So you may have noticed that I changed the look of my wonderful blog.  This idea came to me from the motivation of a very good friend.  See, I have been living in an almost constant state of clutter.  There are always "things" just hanging around.  But, today I decided to start on the big "de-clutter".  So far I have thrown out 2 big orange garbage bags worth of junk, and I have put a bunch of stuff into storage.  I started in my bathroom, and got stuff figured out so that my makeup was all in one fancy box, my nail polish in another, and my hair ties and bobbie pins in yet another.  I have all my bath stuff in one area, all my lotions in another.  It was great to get everything sorted out.  I even got Christmas put away (Yes I realize that it is January 29th and I just got Christmas put away, but hey...welcome to my life.)
I still have a few places that are cluttered, but I think, in a good way...and at the end of February, that very same friend who got me to do this in the first place, is going to come over and help me really de-clutter.  I mean...really see what I want to keep and what I need to get rid of, and what really fits with what I am trying to do, and what just makes the space too crowded.  She will help me do wonders in my home.  I am REALLY excited.
I know, It is going to be AWESOME!!!

So this leads me to my blog.  I needed something that was really girly, and really portrayed my personality.  I know that my house does that, but I can't live this way any more....so, I have my one little place of organized chaos, that I can really call all my own.  I don't have to impress on here, I don't have to make sure that everything is perfectly clean so that others won't judge me...I can just be myself...my messy messy self.

Jenni telling me that she thinks I am crazy!
Yeah, that is another thing.  I love it when my house is clean, and everything is in order, and everything has a place...it is like a little snippit of peace.  But, as well as I am able to clean, I am not very good at keeping it that way.  I just get messy...and it doesn't help that my husband is the same way.  So, today I managed to get my kitchen clean, and I am hoping that it will stay that way.  I know that Sean is "trainable" because I have gotten him to start using a laundry basket, and close the shower curtain...but, who knows if this is something that we can do together, or if it will be a battle I will have to fight on my own.  We will see.

On a completely different note...I was just thinking about how perfectly cute my beautiful baby girl is, and how much she looks like both me and Sean.  So, I thought I would get some baby pics of the two of us and show you what I mean.

Sean
Jenni on Sean's 24th Birthday

Jenni at 3 months






Me

No comments:

Post a Comment