Monday, September 24, 2012

Menu for a Month

Hello all my followers.  I have a goal for the month of October, and I really would like to actually meet this goal, but I am going to need a little help.

For the month of October I am going to make a full meal plan and NOT go out to a restaurant for dinner for the whole month!!!  It is a pan for us to not only save money, but to eat healthy.  I have PLENTY of recipes that I will post for the month, but it would be nice to not have to double up too many times.  There are 31 days in October and minus the Sundays (we eat at Sean's parents' house) that leaves 27 days to plan for, and one snack for MAPS on Halloween.

So, here is my request.  If you could comment some recipes that I don't have on my list that I could add that would be AMAZING!!!!  There are a few days missing in my menu, and I just need some more ideas!

Butter Chicken:
2-3 Chicken Breasts (bnls sknls)
1 Onion
1 can diced Tomatoes
500ml whipping cream
2 Packages of Butter Chicken Mix

-Stir Fry the chicken and onion in a pot or deep skillet.  Once cooked, add tomatoes, whipping cream, and the butter chicken mix.  Serve with rice or potatoes.  Serves 8

Spaghetti:
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 jar of spaghetti sauce
Pasta of your choice!

-Scramble fry the ground beef in a pot of deep skillet.  While beef is browning, season to taste with garlic and onion.  Add sauce and cook on low for as long as you want.  Cook your pasta just before serving.

Perogy Casserole:
1 Pkg of Perogies
1 cup of Sour Cream
1 Can Mushrooms
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans of Mushroom Soup
2 cups of Grated Cheese
Onion

-Put the melted butter in the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish and add the frozen perogies.  Mix up the rest of the ingredients into a bowl and pour over perogies.  If you like, you can add cooked bacon as well, and you can top with more cheese.  Cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour!  Serves 8

So these are just some of my recipes, and I will post some more tomorrow.  Along with a partially finished menu... of course waiting for your recipes!

1 comment:

  1. As I am almost in bed I wont send my recipe but I will try to get a moment tomorrow. You should try making lentils, they are yummy, cheap, healthy and filling. Just a quick how to: chopped onion, carrot, potato, green pepper and red pepper, 1cup of lentils(not cooked) mix it all in with salt and olive oil and water depending on how soupy or not you want it. Let slowly simmer for 1hour 15 minutes. You can add a bit of rice or fresh sausage(spicy chorizo for me) in too when there is less time left if you like too.
    Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete