Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Nova Scotia day by day!

So, I have decided that I need to document my wonderful trip to nova scotia, so that I can, 1, always have a written document of what actually happen, and 2, I can really let people know (including you Amai) how I really felt about my trip to the east coast.

It was horrible!!!  NOOOOO, Just kidding.  It was amazing!!!  I really, seriously loved EVERY second of it, even the flea powder and the vacuuming.  I will get to that part eventually, but I am going to do day by day things, and add pics so you can kind of know what I am talking about.  So, here it goes!!!  Where better to start than...

Day 1 -

So, my day started at 5:30 in the morning.  YUCK!!!  Sean and I got all the packing finished, and we set off toward the Calgary Airport!  We had Tim Hortons for breakfast, and normally I wouldn't include that little tidbit of information, but it is all part of the story for this first day.  I don't think I will add meal recollection regularly.  Anyhoo...I eventually got through security (GONG SHOW with a baby) and we were just waiting to get ready for the plane.  Now, Jenni suffers with this really silly complex where she thinks that the whole world is out to love her... (Yes, even the flying monkeys), and so she would go up to anyone who would look at her and say, "Hi" in her really cute little baby voice.
So, now on to Toronto.  When we finally landed in Toronto (with a whole lot of puking on my part...gross) I was really hungry, so I went and found somewhere to eat lunch...low and behold, the only place that was quick and in the security area...Tim Hortons.  So, I ate at Tims.  Then the plane from Toronto to Halifax was much better.  No puking, and all the flight attendants were really nice...it is really awkward trying to get on and off the plane with 2 back packs (one for me one for Jenni) and one diaper bag...and a coat for each of us, and a baby.  Luckily, my stroller is AWESOME, and huge.
Finally at my (somewhat) final destination.  Halifax.  As I come out the door to where the baggage is, I see the wonderful sight that is my beautiful Aunty Brenda.  She informs me that my Uncle Al is here too, but he is with the truck.  We get my suitcase, but the car seat is no where to be found.  In a slight panic I go the the baggage information desk and find out that it was just all hidden in with the flight staff's stuff.  So, we got the car seat.
So, Aunty Brenda, Uncle Al, Jenni and I are on our way to their house in Kentville, NS.
But...
We have to go to the Home Depot in Halifax because Uncle Al works for Home Depot and he was going to Halifax, so they paid half his milage and 1 hour of his time.  AWESOME....So, we finally picked up all the right stuff, and we were on our way over the spine of Nova Scotia towards beautiful Kentville.  But before we can really get any headway, we MUST go to Tim Hortons for me to get something to eat.  So, that is the significance.  I had a Tim Hortons Hat-trick.  Haha!  It was totally worth it, because I really like Tims, but it was just a little funny.
Well, after a bunch of driving, were I couldn't really see where we were going at all we got to the house in Kentville, that is AMAZING!!!!  What a beautiful home...and I met my amazing, wonderful, awesome(sauce), incredible cousin...Alice.  Alice and I were both very nervous to meet each other because we really wanted the other to like us.  So, Alice was scared that I wasn't going to like her, and I was scared that Alice wasn't going to like me...Actually I was scared that Alice was going to think I was really scary, and that Jenni was going to be WAY too much for her to handle.  But, Alice and I hit it off right off the get go.  We had lots to say to each other, and Alice introduced me to the epic game, Plants vs. Zombies...and I played the game, for almost 3 days straight, but then decided that I wasn't going to play anymore because I was neglecting my baby girl. (Not for serious, but enough that we found her in the basement at the bottom of the stairs without our knowing she even went down there in the first place.)
So, after a long and exhausting day I did go to bed, and I had a great sleep.

So, that is the first day in pretty incredible detail, and I will make an effort to write about day 2.  Day 1 does not come with any pictures, but Day 2 and on ward will.  Now for editing said pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment