Saturday, September 10, 2011

The East Coast

Oh my goodness.  I can't get over how gorgeous it is here.  I am in grand Nova Scotia, and I have it in my right mind to make a trip out here as many times as possible.  I do miss my husband very much, but had he come with me I don't know if we would ever go home.  I love it out here.  The beauty and the country side just make me happy, and being around this side of the family, and knowing how much I am loved and cherished regardless of what happened with my bio is amazing.  I actually get to meet my brother today.  I know that we are only siblings because we have the same father, but that is still awesome.  Blood wise he is more my brother than Steve or Dave, but relationally Steve and Dave are my brothers and this person I am going to meet is a complete stranger.  Let's hope that Joshua can finally be a part of the 4 brothers that I claim I have in all senses. 

On another note, yesterday I got to not only see the Atlantic ocean for the first time, I got to GO INTO the Atlantic ocean.  How cool is that?  My Aunty Brenda has been carting me around the countryside so I can see as much as possible.  I am so in love with this area...

Now as for my family...I love them.  Alice is my cousin that I had not yet met.  However, I don't know how I have lived all these years without knowing and loving her.  She is AWESOME!!!!  We have so much in common and we just get along great!  There are some quirks that she has that I find rather amusing and I am trying to get her out of her shell.  She is afraid of Jenni, but Jenni is wearing down her defenses.  Apparently we are meeting at the perfect time in our lives, though, because she went through her "chaos period" as she so wonderfully puts it.  I am not sure how we would have gotten along back them, but now we are somewhat inseparable.

Well, I suppose I should go back to the world of motherhood because I believe I hear my beautiful baby...but with a house full of not just 1 or 2 babysitters, but 4 babysitters, I think I am able to relax these next few days!  What a blessing!

Ps. There will be pictures to come!!

1 comment:

  1. I read through the archive... way better than a baby book, mostly because of the fact that it can be shared. I think it's awesome that you're taking the time to do this, and can't wait to see future updates (even the ones that don't mention me at all :) You are going to have to make some changes to the layout when Jenni is no longer an only child though.

    A

    ReplyDelete