Friday, September 23, 2011

Days 5 and 6 in Nova Scotia!

Let us continue on with our adventure.

Day 5 -

This day started out as any other day, only Aunty Brenda's mom (Vi-Anne) and dad (Ken) were at the house.  They are incredible, wonderful people.  For breakfast we went to the Legion in Kentville for their fundraiser breakfast.  It was only $5.00 per person.  I couldn't believe it.  And, you got a lot of food.  Jenni was the hit of the morning, and everyone wanted to see her.  Jenni aside, I was totally the youngest person that was in the room.  
The morning went by quickly.  Jenni went down for her regular nap, and I decided that I was going to help Aunty Brenda.  I offered to sprinkle the flea powder in the house.  So, I did Emily's room and the Attic.  I did have to go into New Minas to get 2 more cans of flea powder, and I went on my own and DIDN'T get lost!  Yay for me!  So, in total it took 4 cans of flea powder to cover Em's room, and the stairs up to the Attic, and the Attic itself.  Crazy!!!  After my stint of helping it was time to get ready to go to Grammy and Grampie's (G & G) house.  There were a whole bunch of people there, and they all were loving on Jenni and her cuteness.  Grammy went through a whole lot of trouble to baby-proof her home as well.  Their home is such a beautiful place to be, and as you are driving up the driveway there is a sign that says, "Honk if you are happy to be here!"  Needless to say, we Honked.  
As I am sure I mentioned before, Alice is rather afraid of small people, especially babies.  Jenni was going to have nothing of that, because she really rather liked Alice.  So, Jenni made her affection known throughout the vacation, but none quite as obvious as this day.  Jenni just loves showing people how much she loves them!  
Grammy is always really awesome about remembering birthdays and such, and after we had dinner, there was a package at my place, and a bag for Jenni.  G & G got Jenni a little barn with animals and letters, a couple of onesies, and Grammy made her a beautiful blanket.  I got a book of photography of all the wonderful places in Nova Scotia! 
Speaking of photography, we decided that considering we had a full 5 generations of people at G & G's we would take some pictures of those generations.  From Left to right Pauline (Grammy's Aunt), Jenni, Grampie.  Top row is Me, Alice, Uncle Al and Grammy.  The generations are as follows.  Aunty Pauline (1) G & G (2) Uncle Al (3) Alice and I (4) Jenni (5).  It is really cool, because it is usually pretty rare that you can get 5 generations in one picture without photo shop.  We did the figuring and Aunt Pauline is Jenni's Great, Great, Great Aunt.  Cool!!!!
Here are some more pics of that wonderful evening.

Jenni and her obligatory cuteness
Jenni and Alice chillin.



Jenni and Grampie.  He loves that little girl!
Jenni being mischievous 


Jenni lovin' on Grammy's sheep.
Apparently they have that in common
Grampie loves lighthouses, Grammy loves Sheep.
We thought we would get both in the picture.

Day 6 -
Sunday morning we went to church with G & G.  We went to this tiny little Anglican Church, and this day, no word of a lie, the minister was 100 years old.  (And even more amazing, he has only been married to his second wife for 5 years.  CRAZY!!)  He was wheeled out in his wheel chair and put at the pulpit, and he gave the service.  It was kind of cool, but it was such a tiny space, and I have such a busy girl, it didn't really work out all that well for Jenni.  I spent a lot of time outside walking around with her.
After the service we went to this beautiful beach to use the washroom of all things, and so I got some really awesome pics.  It is amazing how pretty a scene can be.  Kind of like my own special little painting from God.  Every now and again, I seriously think to myself, I live in a postcard.
After our pee break we went to a place called Grand Pre for lunch.  We went to this little diner there, and I met my biological half brother, Joshua, for the first time.  It was crazy, and a little frightening, because you think, 22 year old guy = douche bag.  I was so wrong.  He is a very nice guy and he had a bit of a hard time growing up because he is partially deaf.  Not that, that makes him any less of a person or anything, but more because it really puts life into perspective for him.  Anyhoo, we did really hit it off, and we are now friends.
After our lunch, we went back to Aunty Brenda and Uncle Al's house.  We got to chat and visit a little more and Alice, Josh and I went for a walk down to the grocery store to get some milk.  We all have so much in common.  Before they left we got some pretty good pictures, that oddly enough really show how much alike Josh and I look.  Can't deny those genes.
Alice and I on the porch at her house.





After dinner that night I had to say goodbye for the first time, and I went about an hour east to see Andrew and Tara Davison.  I was up kind of late chatting with them that evening, but I still had a few more days with them.  What a blessing!!!


2 comments:

  1. I don't think Grammie made the blanket. She doesn't really knit. You forgot to mention that some of the awesomeness of Josh came from the fact that he is a Whedonite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true. The fact that we could talk about Whedon for hours and hours was pretty awesome.
    Well, regardless of who made the blanket it is still really awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete