Wednesday, August 17, 2011

So, it has been a while.  It is almost midnight and I can't sleep, so I thought I would write.  Things have been interesting lately.  I have been going to a weekly exercise program in town, and that is good...but I am not seeing the fruits of my labor just yet.  I am struggling yet again with body image.  Basically...I am just not feeling all that great about myself.

This was me last August (Left) and this is me this August (right)

I lost all that weight after Jenni was born and then I put it all back on, and I just can't seem to get it off.  I am doing activity at least 3 times a week (and I mean sweating my butt off activity) and I know that it all has to do with diet...and I REALLY need to change my diet, but I just can't seem to wrap my head around that fact.  I feel like maybe if I keep telling myself that if I just exercise regularly that I will just lose the weight, but so far it just isn't working.  I need motivation...that is what I need.  Motivation.  Lord, help me with my motivation to take care of my body properly...Oh how I wish it were that easy.

See, and here is the worst part.  I want to get my weight under control because of my baby girl.  I don't want Jenni growing up with the same issues pounded into her head that were pounded into mine.  I want to teach her how to make wise choices, and to not obsess about what she looks like.  It is who she is that matters...But, I can't seem to understand that for myself.  I think that others are judging me, even though they probably aren't...but the thoughts won't stop.  So, maybe if I wrote out my journey over the next few months.  I have a goal...30lbs in 4 months.  That is 10lbs a month, and so just over 2 lbs a week.  That is TOTALLY attainable.  SO...unless I get pregnant, which is also a goal, let's work on losing that weight together.  I need help to get to where I want to be, and if I can't get help over cyberspace, then where can I get it???  Well...that is a stupid question, because I can get the help with the support of my husband and my friends, but I need someone who will keep me accountable...someone who will really encourage me when I meet some of my goals.  The comments are good for me.

SO....That is what I am going to do...Do weekly weigh ins and see if I can reach my goal!  Granted...if I do get preggers then it will be kind of silly...but...we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

August 17th, 2011 - 195.5
Activity this week - 1 hour of Step Class and 1 mile on the treadmill.

3 comments:

  1. It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle.

    Good for you Tiff, you can do it. I know you can.

    Just know in the end, you have to do it for yourself. As much as I know you want to do it for other people, for Jenni, for Him, it's about you and living healthily. Think of food as fuel, the better the fuel, the better the engine runs...

    let me know how I can help. Just remember, every day is a new day... good or bad :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great w/ being active, way better than most people! but you need some attainable nutrition goals, like specific things, because just saying "I want to eat better" gets a little fuzzy ya 'know? I've lost close to 30lbs since moving here, and close to twenty in the last 3 months, and the biggest factor was eating real food, cutting out processed foods, fast food, and especially refined sugary foods. Don't completely deprive yourself though (that's what I"m doing this month and it's HARD) Choose your favorite treats and just be careful not to binge on them. I have to have Shawn hide my dark chocolate, and then when I feel like having some I tell him exactly how many I want so I don't over do it. You can totally do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Changing the way you look at food makes such a difference, and clean eating has been the healthiest, easiest, most flexible common sense food lifestyle I've ever had-- it's about nutrition, and disarms most of the innate mind games. But then, anyone advocating a food life will tell you the same thing :-) As long as what you're doing is healthy and maintainable as a lifestyle, it can work.

    The best advice that I can give, having been most sizes on the measure (0-18), is that no, exercise alone is not enough, diet alone is not enough, and even wanting it so badly is not enough. You have to find a way to connect your joy in life to these things-- not basing your joy on these things, that's the path to ruin, but quite the opposite: use the joy you have that has nothing to do with how you weigh, and use that to infuse all the choices you make to get there with beauty and delight. (I choose to exercise because I love the way my body feels when it's powerful and alive, I love this day, I'm thinking of my daughter's smile when I bounce her like this, the way she loves to move, we should all love it so much... you get the idea?) Otherwise, even if you do lose the weight, they'll be all the negative stuff you used to fuel your travels, just hanging on there. Still telling you you're fat, still telling you you'll fail at everything and this will just end with you having to start all over again, still telling you... whatever it is you struggle with.

    That said, don't let it scare you when the negative creeps in anyway-- like everything in life, it gets all mixed up with the delight. You've got Jenni firmly in mind, that's fantastic-- you're finding joy in her. Just remember we're all also rejoicing in you, Tiff.

    ReplyDelete