Thursday, August 18, 2011

Day 1...new lifestyle.

So, today I am doing ok so far.  I am tired because I couldn't sleep last night, hence the 12am post, but I am EXHAUSTED today, so hopefully I will sleep good!

Today is day 1 of my new way of living.  As my wonderful friend Laura said, this is a lifestyle...not a diet. And, as for eating better...I eat really well, but my portions are the issue.  I could have a bowl of icecream every now and again, but if I eat 4 pieces of Lasagna just because it tastes good, then that is an issue...so I am going to start keeping a food diary.  I would love to have some feedback on this diary, and yes, today I was hungry.  But, if I re-teach my body how to eat then my stomach won't want as much.  So...here we go!!

Breakfast : 2 pieces of raisin toast with margarine and 1 cup of blueberries
Snack: 1 Nectarine, a handful of blackberries, 1 peach and a cup of earl grey tea
Lunch: 1 can of bean salad* 1 cup of blueberries
Snack: more blueberries (I just bought a whole bunch, so I eat a lot of them!) and a nutragrain bar
Supper: 1 cup (or so) of raw mixed veggies and homemade, whole grain pizza with onions, mushrooms,             spinach, and peppers and tomato sauce.  (Yummy).

I think I might have a small bowl of strawberry icecream with blueberries!

I was out a Kiever's lake visiting a friend at her camp site and I was running around after kids all afternoon, so I am not sure I can make it to Yoga tonight.  I am so wiped out I think I would fall asleep on the floor.  We'll see what 8:00 looks like when we get there.  And at Kiever's there is a wicked awesome playground.  Well, Jenni managed to climb the stairs and go down a slide head first all by herself, and it scared the begeesis out of me, but she had fun, so she went up and did it again, only this time I was able to catch her at the bottom.  Silly mommy.  The crazy part is that I was watching her like a hawk, but when I tried to stop her from going down the slide her pants and shoe came off.  But, she loved it!!!

This JUST IN....My HUSBAND ATE ATE ALL MY ICECREAM!!!!  I guess I will just be having blueberries and maybe a nectarine or peach for snack!  Goodness!!!!!  I can't believe he ate all my icecream!  That stinker!!!

*Bean Salad
1 tbsp veg oil
1 tbsp vinegar
1 pinch of sugar
1 splash of Maggi (spice)
1.5 tbsp calorie wise Miracle Whip
1 can of beans
(It usually has some onion in it too, but I don't have any)
Season to taste with Salt, Pepper, Dill, and Garlic.  YUMMY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment