Sunday, August 21, 2011

Calorie Counting??

Hey.  I know that I didn't write in yesterday, because I was SUPER tired yet again.  My wonderful soon-to-be-sister-in-law gave me a tip about this website called myfitnesspal.com  It is AMAZING.  It is like weightwatchers only free!  It counts all your calories for you, and will log your progress, and is just all around really helpful.  I don't know how often I will put the entries in, but I am going to do my weekly weigh in on Monday morning first thing (well, after I pee).

So, my question is, does calorie counting really work???  I think it does.  I think, for me, it makes me more aware of what I am taking in.  Now, according to this chart I am allowed 1200 calories a day, and I do not stick to that like it is the law.  I just use it as a guideline.  I usually go over my 1200 calories, but compared to what I was eating a week ago, I feel like I may have cut my calories by at least 1/3.  I feel better, I have more energy.  I am not feeling SO full after each meal.  I feel comfortable.  I am not hungry anymore, I am satisfied.  And, Sean and I went to Harvest House for dinner on Friday night (he used the money he was saving for his gun, because he wanted to have some outside of the house family time!).  I had 1/2 of the "Loaded Cheese Toast" (Cheese, Green Onions, and Bacon on an open faced pinnini bun) and then I ordered a salad for my main course.  I couldn't eat it all.  I was full after I ate half of it...and I didn't finish it!  I just left it there, and I felt 1000x better than I would have, had I eaten the whole thing.  Yay me!!!

Today, eating at mom and dad's all day, I was a little worried, because they always have such wonderful yummy food...that I can sit and eat all day long...but I didn't!!  I kept to what I felt comfortable eating.  I had 1 piece of pizza for lunch, fruit throughout the afternoon and 2 pieces of pizza for dinner with 2 different salads.  Then, when we went out for our family photo shoot I didn't feel like I had a "Food Baby!"  WAHOO!!!!!!  So, here's to hoping that I love the pics that were taken of me today, because the photographer is AMAZING!!!!  (She is also a very good friend of mine, and my employer! ;oP)

Thanks to everyone who has been commenting and encouraging me.  I REALLY appreciate it.  It really does give me the Motivation that I need.  So, please, keep it coming.  It helps me focus on the positive of why I want to lose this weight, and not to focus on the negative...basically thinking I'm fat!


No comments:

Post a Comment