Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rough Day

Today was a rough day for me.  I don't really know why.  I had a decent morning, was in children's church with a bunch of great kids and helpers, walked to and from church, had a great afternoon with my mother-in-law, and now I have some time to myself...and Jenni was really good today, even though she had a full out face plant with bloody nose and everything.

It sounds like a fine day, but for some reason my attitude was just not there.  As Sean would lovingly say, "your feelers are out really far today."  Basically meaning...I am super over sensitive, and I am reading into everything he says with a negative connotation.  Or, I'm being a bitch.  Either way, it was really a weird day.  I was pissy at everything.  However, the first thing I did after Sean left, to watch the Canada-New Zealand World Cup Rugby game, was did my homework for my bible study.  I learned something that I really always knew, but it was reinforced in my brain.

GOD IS IN COMPLETE CONTROL OF EVERYTHING!!!  

It sounds simple, and to some it sounds horrible, because if God was in control of everything, then why is there world hunger, and why do bad things happen.  Well, those things exist because of sin.  Those things exist because of bad choices, and those things exist because God let's them happen to glorify His greater purpose.  Sometimes bad things happen because it is God's way of bringing you closer to Him.  It is like tough love for a parent.  Some times you need to let your kid hit rock bottom, fall on their ass, and realize that they don't have everything figured out before they'll learn.  We are all like that.  We are all the kind of people who will think, "I'm the exception...that'll never happen to me."  God says, "Oh yeah!  You think you are better than me?  You think you are in control...well, watch this!"  Not that God is that vindictive...but you get the gist.  God let's us go through Hell on earth so that we learn that we need Him to get through life.  That is just how it works.  Everything is for the greater good.  Not like Albus Dumbledore and Gellert Grindelwald and their feelings for muggles...that is something completely different. (that is for all you HP fanatics out there.)  Just check out Romans 8:28.  The Bible is completely true, and it says, "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose!"  We have all been called according to His Purpose (in my belief anyway) and so we know that God works for the good of everyone.  The END!!!

So, after my homework and some mindless facebooking I am feeling a lot better.  My heart was just not in a good place, and I had to focus it on God and His purpose.  (Although that is sometimes easier said than done!)

On a completely different note, last night we had friends over.  It was great.  And I was all "Suzy Homemaker".  I made a Roasted Red Pepper and Garlic, White Wine Sauce for my pasta, and added some chicken, and for dessert we had homemade ice cream (with the cooked base and everything) and scratch cinnamon buns (but I forgot to put out the buns, so we didn't really have them, but that was their original purpose).  I felt really good about the dinner and we even had adult conversation and wine and all that jazz.  It was definitely a good night with friends.

One final thought...has anyone noticed that it went from Summer to Fall over night.  It was chilly this morning, and warm(ish) this afternoon, but right now I am FREEZING!!!!  What's with that?  At least there isn't any snow on the ground...(yet!)

2 comments:

  1. Bloody nose Jenni? That sounds unfortunate. Glad you managed to feel better. Blah days where you should feel good, but aren't, suck. That dinner sounds really good, especially the ice cream. I was making dinner the other night (a turkey pasta cream sauce thing) and had the glass pan explode in the oven, and put shards into the otherwise delicious looking meal. On the one hand, it was an opportunity to go to a restaurant I'd wanted to try out, on the other hand I was a minute and a half from having it done, and between the wasted groceries, the pan that needs to be replaced, and dinner it was annoyingly expensive. On really good thing was that it exploded in the oven (which needed a pre thanksgiving cleaning anyway) rather than as I was carrying it over to the counter. That would have been much worse.

    It's felt like fall here for awhile. The leaves are turning, and look really nice, as do the pumpkin people out all over town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need pictures of these supposed pumpkin people. You need to send me some. Have a good time at Open Mike.

    ReplyDelete