Friday, August 2, 2013

Week 5: Day 6

Ok, so today we did CORE 20 and it was good. And that was all. We could have done more and we both know it, but we were both exhausted after a long week and we decided to push hard for the 20 minutes and then have some time to just visit and have a cuppa tea. It was really nice actually and I may be able to get to sleep before 11:30 tonight. Wahoo!!

On a slightly different note I made a killer dinner tonight. It was a little questionable in the making process and the sauce was really strong on its own, but.... It ended up being really good. I made great  green vegetable pasta. Here's the recipe if you are interested. It is from the cookbook "simply in season"

1 cup of ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
1/2 cup of milk (omit if using cottage cheese)
1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese. 
1 garlic clove minced
2 tablespoons each of basil and parsley chopped. (2 tsp dried)
1/2 tsp salt. 
Mix all together and let sit. Blend in blender for smoother texture. 

12oz (1 1/2 cup) of pasta of your choice
Cook as directed. When 6 minutes left add in 2 cups of fresh chopped broccoli. When 3 minutes left add 2 cups of zucchini and 1 cup of green beans. With only 1 minute left add in 1 cup of peas and 1/2 cup of chopped green onions or chives. Drain and add the sauce and serve right away.

I tweaked the sauce a little to make the flavour a little more mild by putting half ricotta and half cottage cheese, a spoon of greek yogurt, and a splash of milk and some chicken stock. I also used dried herbs instead of fresh. I  used the vegetable tricoloured fusilli for a pasta and let me tell you, I was not disappointed. It was rather yummy. Sean even said it was a make again recipe. Mmmmmmmm. And it really was pretty. I think next time I am going to throw some other veg in there too to add a little more colour. Maybe some carrots or red peppers or something. 

Tomorrow is my day of rest and I am thrilled. Goodnight all!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment